June Glorious June


(In order: James Green (Carrie's brother), the new Carrie Fipps! (formerly Carrie Green), and Me)

This was a special month. I left my little island and flew out for Carrie Green's wedding! After 24 hours of traveling, I arrived in Florida and stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before heading to Carrie and Kelin's wedding party house (it was more like a mansion, actually!)

My goal for that first day in Florida all by myself was to create an online version of a class that I've been teaching on Guam about how to make money blogging. I essentially locked myself in my room and listened to Latin music until I got it done. It took allllll day. I ordered take-out but the food never showed up, but I wasn't going to let the need to go out and eat distract me! Crazy, I know, but after the initial bout of hunger, I was no longer hungry and just focused on finishing my work and getting my class out there - which I did! To check it out, CLICK HERE >>
The experience reminded me of a success principle that we don't hear about too often - We give ourselves too much time to achieve big things. Yes, some goals require patience, but I'm finding that most of the time, all that is required to achieve big things is a compact, focused burst of activity.

The next morning, however, I was very much looking forward to getting out of the house and eating breakfast as soon as possible. haha



Here is a video that we put together for Carrie and Kelin to celebrate them getting married. The ladies in this video are members of the Female Entrepreneur Association Members' Club.


The pic above shows my journey being a part of the Female Entrepreneur Association. When I stumbled across Carrie and her work 4 years ago, I was working in a coffee shop and had just started this blog. So much has happened since then and it was surreal to be attending her wedding and taking part in one of the most important days of her life. Life is really all about the people with whom we surround ourselves and I'm blessed to have Carrie in that circle.


Here we are - the ladies of the Wedding Party House, minus a couple missing special people. I made some new friends who I hope to see again soon!


I actually haven't been to many weddings and this was my first one outdoors. It was super hot and humid at first! #Florida. But it cooled down in time for the dancing and was really nice. :)

This experience was an awesome way to mark the half-way point of this year and I am so looking forward to what the rest of 2016 has in store.

1 comment:

  1. Really loved the way you created timeline of Carrie’s relationship with you. Even loved all decorations done at their wedding venue. My sister is going to take vows at wedding venues Chicago and we are planning to do similar awesome arrangements for her.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips
Real Time Analytics