An OWL interview with an OWL member: Sirena Mafnas


What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned this year?

I’ve learned a lot of lessons. I can’t really pinpoint any one of them. If I had a dollar for all of the lessons, epiphanies, paradigm shifts I’ve had this past year, I’d be a millionaire. But I would say the biggest lesson I’m learning right now is to take 100% responsibility of EVERY SINGLE THING that happens to me. I’m incredibly tired of blaming other people. You can’t change other people, so the best thing to do is change yourself. Of course, I didn’t come up with that. I learned this from many successful people I look up to. I’m actually, at heart, so excited for more improvement because my life will never get boring. My life is a big adventure.

What kind of path have you chosen for yourself?

The path less traveled! I feel so different compared to how I used to view life and the world in high school. I thought I would just go to school forever. I like school. I like learning, but there are so many other interests I have that I don’t think I would have found I had a passion about if I just went to school. People usually think, “Go to school, get good grades, get a job.” But to me it’s, “Go to the place where you can learn the most and from the best about your passion, commit yourself to it by doing the necessary things every day, create the life you want to live.”

What are some of the things you want to do in the next 5 years?

My passions are Catholicism, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and being a business owner. In the next 5 years, I want to be greatly involved in spreading knowledge about the Church and helping people understand Catholicism better, whether it’s having a radio show or writing a weekly column in the paper. With Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, I want to be competing internationally, winning tournaments, inspiring people all over, and eventually teaching kids with Autism. I most especially want to build my business to a level that I know will influence other people to be strong and confident in their businesses and change people’s lives so they can pursue their own dreams.

To see the progress Sirena's been making on one of her passions, see her blog here: CATHOLIC APOLOS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips
Real Time Analytics